Visit the website: SchoneyPhoto.com

Monday, September 21, 2009

Cairns, Australia

After spending time in and around Christchurch, New Zealand, Dave and I flew to Cairns, Australia.  We visited the Great Barrier Reef, as well as Kuranda, a village in the rain forest.  It was SO beautiful! I couldn't believe the colors that came naturally in nature.

This was taken from our hotel room deck.


Another view from our deck, but this time just after sunset.


Sunrise, same location.


Early morning.  I couldn't believe how much the colors changed, all within the course of a day!


Michaelmas Cay.  It's a cay rather than an island due to the lack of trees. The Great Barrier Reef was beautiful, but difficult to get many pictures without getting a non-waterproof camera wet!


A kangaroo at Kuranda.  I was standing right next to this one - they're so used to people here that you can even feed them!


This kangaroo was my favorite! My lens wasn't zoomed at all - he got really close to my camera out of curiosity!


And koalas.  I wanted to bring one back with us, but Dave said no.  However, we did get to hold one - that was amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment